The Health Cabinet
The Saint Philip’s Health Cabinet, led by our Faith Community Nurse, promotes holistic health and wellness programs that integrate mind, body and spirit, supporting St. Philips in The Hills Episcopal Church’s mission to be a strong and loving community which empowers and encourages all people to grow in faith and do God’s work in the world.
Health Cabinet Projects for 2017
- Diabetes Self Management Training (6 wk Class) in LaPaz
- Flu Clinic October 9th, 2016 with 36 parishioners getting their shots.
- CPR and AED Training in LaPaz April 2017
- Carol co - presented at Tucson Nurses Association Annual Conference on Faith Community Nursing
- Distributed Updated First Aid booklets to ushers and staff.
- Survey of Congregation on Health and Spiritual needs.
- Good Shepherd Ministry for parishioners over 87 who are unable to attend church.
- Implemented availability of bottled water on back table in church for all services.
- Obtained EpiPens located in Ca’s office in event of severe allergic reaction.
- Parkinson’s & Movement Disorders Alliance Conference held on May 24, 2017 in Music Center.
- Established resource for lending medical appliances to parishioners: e.g. wheel chairs, knee trolly, walkers etc.
Faith Community Nurse
The Faith Community Nurse promotes health, healing, and wholeness within the congregation by being “truly present” — listening to what a persons says and does not say and traveling with that person on their journey to well-being. To contact our Faith Community Nurse, Carol Jones, please click the Contact button below.
Low impact, gentle workout for men and women 50 and over. To learn more please click the "Senior Exercise" button below.